6/17/2005

The Trouble with Re'ale

HE DID IT AGAIN.

I guess I'm just a stickler for detail but when someone says that they're going to do something, it should be done right? Last night Re'ale and I were talking when he said "well I'm going to go and I'll call you back in twenty minutes". I guess time went to minute 19 and stopped because I have not heard from him. This truly is not like him, and I believe something is up.

You know, Churchboy said it best yesterday:
Yo - yo son...I think it's a wrap between you and the high school graduate. You're right - if communication is dwindling and he's not the same as he used to be, thn in his mind...it's completely over. If I were you, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to recover w/him. I'd just leave it where it is - and move forward. If it is to be, then cool - but, you can probably guess that at this point, it's not going back to where it once was. Oh, the whims and carpices of the youth...that's what a wise ol' queen told me once.

Here's the problem: I really do like him. I don't want to hurt him. I guess for me it's difficult to let go once I get really attached to someone. I even went as far as getting him a graduation present that I'll bet no one has thought of: tonight I was going to take him to Addison, Illinois, to the Hilton Garden Inn for the evening, including a trip to Dave and Buster's Addison for dinner and games. As I sit here this morning I'm actually debating whether or not I should take him, and cancel the reservation. I called him this morning and (big surprise!) got his voicemail. I left him a message. Hopefully he'll decide to call me back today. I have a feeling that this could be the final chapter in this series.

An update later (maybe)....