12/22/2005

The NYC Transit Strike and My Finacee

What the hell?
NYC Transit goes on strike for the first time in 20+ years. The NYC police imposed an emergency measure that prohibited vehicles with less than 4 people across the bridges and tunnels. WHAT THE HELL?
And just as soon as it starts, it ends. This afternoon the transit union basically told all employees to go back to work. Why I understand the reasons for the strike in the first place, I can pretty much feel what most New Yorkers were saying:
What the hell???
My fiancee D and I are doing OK. While the devil is testing us right now, we're definitely holding strong. It's still full steam ahead for our ceremony on September 2 (take that bitches), and the design of the programs, design of the announcements and design of the invitations have been completed. The wedding team (I refuse to call it a "wedding party") has been selected. We've even secured a place for the ceremony to take place. All in all, everything is coming together.
With Christmas coming up, now is the time to sit back and think about what we're all thankful for. I'm thankful that God has allowed me to see another Christmas. I'm thankful for my health, my life, what I have and what He has in store for me. I'm thankful for D. And I'm thankful for all of the people that read my blog (even the haters). So I'm going to give you all a nice Christmas present. I'm putting up (for a limited time only) a picture of me and D. Enjoy it now, for I will remove it without warning.
Happy Holidays.

13 comments:

Ladynay said...

Awwwwwwwwww looka derr! How cute. Happy Holiday's Tim.

Ladynay said...

Awwwwwwwwww looka derr! How cute. Happy Holiday's Tim.

That Dude Right There said...

I am like so jealous ( in my best 90's Valley Girl voice)!

The Humanity Critic said...

Happy Holidays!

Jai said...

Enjoy your life Tim. Don't let the enemy take your Joy, because if can take your Joy he can take your strength. So blow a goodbye kiss to all the negativity. If you're happy, be happy =) Congrats and Merry Christmas.

Mr. Maurice said...

Merry Christmas and Congrats!~

Mandy said...

Go on with your bad self, my friend! You know I love you (D, you've made my best friend happy, so I love you too!) and I am SO looking forward to September! The more I hear about it, the more I know you deserve it and the more I look forward to the ceremony! I hope my card made it to you guys okay. :) Also, my family says congratulations!

Stac said...

what an attractive couple!

DizYaBoy said...

Merry Christmas man!

TheOneandOnlyInsanely said...

Awwww yall look sooo cute together. Yall are some very attractive men.


LMAO @ "take that bitches"......

STAY STRONG!!!!

Unconquerable Soul said...

Y'all look so cute! Hope both of you had a happy holiday!

TheOneandOnlyInsanely said...

HAPPY NY!!!

Anonymous said...

hi tims blog...just wanted to drop a line from one tim derr to another..have happy holidays
signed tim derr