12/30/2005

The Truth About People

I hate to say it, but the "fairytale" is over.
D and I have ended things and have gone our seperate ways.
Here's what happened...

On last Tuesday, D and I went to a beautiful apartment complex on the northwest side of the city to view and apartment. This apartment complex has an indoor pool, a two-level fitness center with free personal trainer, a convenience store, a nightclub, a DVD store...ALL INSIDE THE BUILDING. When we met with the leasing agent, we were told that because it was a studio apartment...and there was a four-month wait for a one-bedroom, there would only be one keycard issued. Now the keycards are for access to the fitness center, the pool, and the main lobbies of the buildings. Even though there would be two of us, there would only be one keycard and it would be tied to my name, simply because my name would be on the lease. I told D at that point that he would have metal keys to the apartment and that he would have to use the intercom system to gain access to the lobby. Keep in mind that D would NOT be paying ANY RENT OR UTILITIES, in a sense living "rent free". He had a serious issue with the lack of issuing a keycard, simply because he would have to wait until I got home to go to the fitness center and the pool...or as I found out later, for him AND HIS FRIENDS to go to the fitness center and pool...ON MY KEYCARD. He called that a "lack of trust" when I told him that if management caught him with that keycard, we could both be on the street.

In addition to that, in the middle of our discussion last night, one of his friends stopped by unexpectantly. He threw on his clothes and told me he'd "be back in a few minutes." This was at 11:15pm. He didn't come back until ONE IN THE MORNING. I had to work today and be up at 7:00AM. You don't disrespect someone else's house like that! Plus when he came back, he smelled just like a sack of weed...but he claims that he didn't smoke any. PLEASE!!!

Seeing as this was something that could not be overcome, I asked him to leave this afternoon. When he departed, he told me that he thinks he couldn't be doing this anyway. So needless to say:

The relationship is over.
The commitment ceremony is off.
I'm grateful for it all
Because I see how he really is.

Oh by the way I did get that apartment in that complex that we saw. Here are some photos:















When He closes one door, He opens another. Thank you God for the understanding of D and for the blessings that you have bestowed, and will bestow upon Thee. I pray that you keep him and protect him. Have mercy on him.

Have a Happy New Year.

An update at 5:40AM: I want to thank my friend Jay, for coming to the rescue with two DVDs, a bottle of wine, and conversation. He even stayed the night with me to ensure that everything was OK. THAT IS A FRIEND.

11 comments:

Mr. Maurice said...

WOW... it cant be

Tim said...

Yes it can be and yes it is. Disrespect is something I won't tolerate from anyone. Plus HE chose to end it, not me.

E said...

Congrats on the apartment.

M-Dubb said...

dang man. But you're right about one thing: He closes one door, HE opens another.

Happy New Year man!

Ladynay said...

I am even more speechless than when you annouced the engagement!

The new crib looks nice so far.

The Foxybrown Show said...

Have a Foxy New Year!

Ladynay said...

Okay, now that I reread this fully awake.....

I know the whole relationship ain't over cuz of an access key and some weed!!!!

I can see maybe postponing the ceremony or cancelling till yall get stuff straight, but ending the relationship all together? Come on now....

If yall loved and were in love with one another to the point yall were gonna be partners for life, something like this would not have messed your relationship up (in my own personal opinion). There has to be a deeper reason behind this breakup.....

Come on, share with the class....

That Dude Right There said...

Please don't tell me that you two are giving up that easily! I would have taken this issue as it not being the time to move in together. Not an impetus to break up.

Tim said...

Let me just say this to everybody, and I'll repost this in another blog entry:

I wasn't the one that said "I shouldn't be doing this" or "We're done". HE DID.

That tells me that he didn't love me AT ALL. Fine. His loss.

heartbreak_kidd said...

well, how long were you 2 together before you decided if that was something you really wanted to do?

Mandy said...

...And presenting why I got the name of your significant other "wrong" when we spoke last. (I had no idea!) I need to stop being in my own world so much. (Lala land for me or what?) Damn, my friend... again, I'm sorry. I guess I'm just catching up on everyone's bad news all at once here.

And you're damn right on two things:

1. When He slams one dor shut, He opens another... you have the quote of the year there. I love it.

2. D's loss... you are mucho-right on that, dear! More fish in the sea. Next!

Chin up, hon!

--Mandy