1/05/2006

Moving On...

And now that we've had an interesting 2005, let's move on.

Went on a date tonight. A real one. The person (who we'll call South) was a true and complete gentlemen. We went up north to Nookie's Tree on Halsted and had a very good dinner. We talked about each other, what we want in life, stuff like that. He even picked up the tab for dinner. Afterwards, he wanted to go over on North Avenue to the shops and look around, so we went to Best Buy. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the gas tank on my car because the "Low Fuel" light came on, so we stopped at the gas station. While I was fumbling for my wallet to get my card, he gives me his card and says "just fill the tank up". My mind was blown at that point, and I graciously accepted the offer. Then we went to Target and picked up a few items and went back to his place. He has a nice house (as in he-owns-his-own-house) on the southside, so we watched part of Noah's Ark, before I had to leave. Needless to say I will be seeing him again.

Plans are falling in place for the move. I reserved the U-Haul and have my "moving team" in place. The move should go smoothly. I plan on being all moved into my new place no later than 12:30pm on the day of the move, and then sit back and wait for the DISH Network guys to show up to hook me up so I can get down with Noah's Ark like everybody else!!!!! The part that I did see BLEW MY MIND!!!

23 days and counting until the move.
22 days and counting until I sign the lease and get the keys.
The Housewarming is on March 11.

11 comments:

Ladynay said...

Always expedient in your ventures. Not a good thing, but not a bad thing either.

Moving is a pain in the rear. Good luck!

Jamal K. Franklin said...

Yea - I actually spotted Noah's Ark at a friends house in Chicago. Why did I upgrade my package to get LOGO the very next day?

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

Jig said...

Sounds like your new year is falling into place. Good luck on the new place...and the new date.

NOTE: Make sure your balcony/patio is facing the DISH satellite...if it's not you wont b able 2 get service...find some1 who has DISH and see which way their satellite is facing. A friend of mine actually contemplated moving b/c he couldn't get a connect.

M-Dubb said...

You are doing it big man! Congrats on the new place, again!

And if ya gonna have on comment moderation, why we gotta go through word verification, too?

That Dude Right There said...

If you need someone to help you move, let me know. My lazy ass ain't gone help you. I just want to know if you need help! LOLOLOL

Mr. Maurice said...

basically 7 days before I move.. 6 days until I close........And I aint having a housewarming

Vince said...

Whats Up Tim, This Vince your friend from Maryland just got promoted at my job start new position at FBI. I'm glad things are going great for you..

The Foxybrown Show said...

What is 2006 for you and how are you gonna make it happen?

*Madosi said...

As promised, new blog name, new look and even new profile pic … check it out: http://thisismemadosi.blogspot.com/

Harold Gibson said...

Tim--peace and blessings to you. You have been on quite a rollercoaster of emotions these last few weeks. You have a lot of inner strength to begin dating again so soon after dissolving the gay version of an "engagement." And now you are adding a move. You just fly man. "go" is too mundane for the things you endure.
God's richest blessings to you.

The Foxybrown Show said...

Foxy has officially come out of the closet...If you want it...Come and get it!