1/25/2006

Why Can't We Act Like Black Men And Not Black Faggots?

I had an interesting conversation with someone this afternoon that I was getting to know. This individual wanted to end our "getting-to-know-each-other" stage but didn't want to be a man and just say "this isn't working out". He wanted to play the fag role and accuse me of a whole bunch of bullshit, call me out of my name and then walk away.

Why can't black men that have a college education act like black men?
Why must we continue to sling mud at each other and hurt each other?
It would have been much better for him to just say "look, this isn't working out, we need to chill" rather than take the fag way out.
Instead of saying a lot of ignorant bullshit, he could've told me that he was with somebody instead of finding a made up excuse to exit stage left.

Why can't black gay men be there for each other instead of trying to cut each other down?
Why can't black gay men recognize that we are all in the same boat and that we need to be more supportive of each other instead of being jealous of each other and hate each other?

Guess the answer will never come.

10 comments:

Jamal K. Franklin said...

There's a logical answer...I think. It's kinda like what my grandmother used to say and it took me a long time to finally understand what she was talking about. She used to say, "A horse can't complain about dirty water when he drinks from the sewer."

It took me a long time to learn it...but, I got it now!

Good luck on your search man.

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

Mr. Maurice said...

LOL... well thats what they do. I honestly believe that they dont know how to express themselves. I just had this same conversation with someone. Instead of coming to someone like an adult, why make matters worse. Just stop being a PUNK B***H and say whats on your mind. Cause when the fag takes over there and they start there mess. Im done talking and dont want to hear it.

That Dude Right There said...

Now Tim, you know that when you tell someone the real deal, they wild out and lose their mind. That's why niggas lie. They think that it makes thing easier.

ShawnQt said...

why everyone always hating on u?booooo

I will say, that I am always a man about mine.

lj said...

good question

Stone said...

I think it always has to had to you and when i say you i mean me too. Do give into those types of actions and just walk away if needs be. Never lower yourself to that level

Troy N. said...

See, this is why you need to start dating aliens, sure their heads may be slightly dented and they dress funny but you don't go through any BS, nope, nada and they come with their own transporters!

Stacy-Deanne said...

Hi, first time on your blog. I don't think it's just black gay men that are like this. If you realize it is the entire black community. I don't know why the black community is so competitive with each other. I feel your frustration but a lot of people don't have the strength to be honest so they take the easy way out. It isn't fair but we can't change them. Great post. I enjoyed my visit.

antneya said...

I agree with Jamal...he took the words right out of my mouth. Its sad actually...sorry you had to go through that.

Reg said...

it happens, you only have to not internalize it. some guys are too afraid to break things off like that, so they search for dramatics. but "the one" if there is one will be better than that. you'll be able to spot him.

me.