2/26/2006

One Month Later...

One Month Ago today me and my other half went to Sidetrack, and amongst all the laughter (it was comedy night) and conversation, we decided to start making this a little serious.

It was Thursday, January 26, 2006. Sidetrack was having their weekly "comedy night" where they show all types of hilarious clips from movies, tv shows and weekly series on their monitors. Some of the stuff makes you laugh so hard you cry, while some of it makes you chuckle. We had picked up a couple of drinks and walked back to the back bar near the roof deck to sit down, talk, and watch the monitors. In the midst of everything, the subject came up of how we really felt about each other. Quiet as its kept, I'd had a crush on him for years, the only problem was that he was dating someone that I associated with at the time. That person did everything in his power to put a wedge between us, and it worked for a few years. They split up a couple of years back, and the ideas that my associate had planted in his head still stayed...and the ideas that my associate planted in my head still stayed. He basically told my other half that I didn't like him and thought he was the scum of the earth, while he told me the same thing but made it seem like he had said it. We finally got past all of that when I walked up to him in the sanctuary of my church the sunday prior to January 26 and not only spoke to him, but gave him a hug and invited him to a get-together I was having that evening. He attended, and we all had a lot of fun. We didn't get together again until that Thursday evening.

Back to January 26....a clip came on the monitors from The Price is Right, where a young black woman won her showcase, and it was for a lot of money. As soon as Bob Barker told her that she'd won and the music started, she fell out right then and there!! (You had to see it.) But while I was laughing, I looked over at him, and he looked at me. We kissed, and the rest is truly history.

Today he's over at our friend's house for their usual Sunday gathering. I didn't go because I'm feeling a little under the weather. Tonight though we're spending the whole evening together, so if anybody IMs, calls, or e-mails me, don't be suprised if you don't get a response until tomorrow. :) Especially since he went and had the micro-braids put in his head, so that, along with his light complexion and light brown eyes, will absolutely without a doubt push me over the edge!!!

But we gonna celebrate our anniversary the right way!

2 comments:

lj said...

Happy one month anniversary. do it up big. relationships are always great in the beginning.

Ladynay said...

I don't know if I posted already, but one month anniversaries are cute!

Hope you had a good "celebration"