3/18/2006

Won't Be Going To A Northside Bar Again

Last night I went out to Sidetrack with my friend Steve, and was truly insulted by some of the staff there. Just read the letter that I sent to their general manager:

On March 17, 2006 I visited Sidetrack with my friend. While we were there, I personally was insulted by a bartender and a manager. Please allow me to explain the circumstances.

I went into the glass bar at approximately 10:00pm and ordered a MGD and an apple martini on the rocks. The total for the two drinks was $12.00. After taking one sip of my drink, I realized that it was truly undrinkable; it tasted like pure vodka. I went back to the same bartender and asked him to remake it. He said in a very condescending tone, "well why don't you tell me how to make it?" I asked him to be easy on the vodka and to actually put some apple pucker in the drink. After making the drink, he nearly slammed it down on the bar. After tasting the second drink, it seemed almost as bad as the first, so at that point I sought out a manager. When I did find the manager on duty, and explained the situation to him, his behavior was like "and, so?" At that point my friend asked the manager how much our drinks should cost. The manager told him that the apple martini on the rocks should be $6.00 and the MGD should be $4.00, for a total of $10.00. I was charged $12.00. Hearing that, I immediately put my drink down and left.

I honestly do not appreciate not only being insulted, but blown off and lied to. After experiencing all of that, I seriously doubt that I will ever visit Sidetrack again. Not only that, I cannot suggest to anyone that visits me from out of town to visit Sidetrack, in good conscience. I would not want anyone to experience what I have experienced.


Can you believe that? I honestly will never set foot inside that bar again. Anytime I spend my money and get treated like shit, that tells me that you want my money but don't give a damn about me.

So I will take my money elsewhere.

4 comments:

Ladynay said...

With an attitude like that, that bartender didn't make too much money last night! LOL

I have learned that the art of complaint letters sent to the right top dawg has many rewards!

Sidetracks don't deserve your money!

Michael said...

Sorry you had a bad time at Sidetrack....I never go there because of the attitude...

TheOneandOnlyInsanely said...

That's one reason I hate the Northside.....

The Black & Asian Bandit said...

I hate every bar on the North Side...except Big Chicks....come to think about it, I hate the north side period....

hey tim!!