4/14/2006

Approaching The Breaking Point...

This has truly been one of those days that has made me so upset, that I wanna throw up.

Let's start with that pit I call a job. Had my thirty-day review this morning. Some stuff was said that was untrue and just downright wrong. For starters, I was asked to pull a lot of paperwork for a recall exercise on yesterday. I pulled everything that I was asked for from March until now. If I pulled everything that I was asked to pull, why suddenly, in front of the VP of the company, are you now saying that I did NOT pull everything and that YOU had to get the rest of the documentation?

It gets better.

I was told that I "challenge supervisors". She gave me an example: One morning I arrived to work and not only were the front doors locked, but two representatives from the temp agency that we utilize were waiting. So I used my Nextel to chirp the plant supervisor to unlock the front door. When he arrived to open the door, he told me "in the future, if this door is locked, go through the warehouse." I told him "I would have done that, but I didn't want to bring all these people through the warehouse." Explaining what was going on because I'm sure he didn't know that these people were waiting, how is that "challenging a supervisor"?

There's more.

I then told the VP that I didn't appreciate being accused of attempting to cheat the company last week, and I repeated exactly what was said IN THE PRESENCE OF MY SUPERVISOR. You know what he said? I was there, and personally speaking, I don't think she was accusing you. If you tell a person that you received information from someone at headquarters, and then they say "I don't believe she would do that", isn't that accusing?

I was so upset, I was almost in tears. That being said, I will NOT be going to work on Monday. I could care less about that place now, seeing as they really do not care about me. For $12.00 an hour? To take all this bullshit? I THINK NOT.

So y'all pray for me. I'm going out tonight with my other half and get wasted.
Oh by the way, Happy Easter.

5 comments:

B a L L a C h i x said...

DAMN I REALLY FEEL 4 U!!! I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING THAT CAN BE WHEN U KNOW ALL U DOING IS UR JOB!!!! U KNO HOW U CAN TELL PPL BOUT THEMSELVES W/O REALLY CUSSING OR DISREPECTING THEM!!!! THAT CANT SEEM TO UNDERTSNAND UR ABILITY TO DO THAT !!!!! U JUS SPEAKING UR MIND BUT IN A VERY RESPECTFUL WAY!! JUS KEEP YO HEAD UP !!!! HAPPY EASTER RITE BACK @ CHA!!!!

Nsane Lee Sane said...

And you see why I hate corporate amerikkka....

Mr. Maurice said...

That job sounds like the pits. Your experience will take you far. So continue to look for a new job.

Randy said...

Tim, best of luck with the job front. Trust me, we are all going through it in one way or another.

Happy Easter!
R

nosthegametoo said...

My friend, working for people sucks.

I feel you.