4/28/2006

That FUCKIN Job - Part 2!

Well needless to say Thursday was a very interesting day.

For starters I did not go to work. I called the head of HR and asked her, very nicely, if I had been terminated. Her response? "You probably will be". She had received a call from the VP exactly 30 seconds after he allowed me to go home on Thursday stating that I had "left without permission" and was "being insubordinate". He also mentioned that I didn't "mention what happened" with him, and that I was being "disrespectful". All lies. So after receiving confirmation that I was going to be terminated, I simply asked if my final paycheck stub would be mailed to me, and she told me that it would be.

I'm glad that I no longer work there, simply because being in that environment was making me SICK. I can't stand working around phony-ass-folks. Phony-ass-folks that want to be your friend one minute and then stab you in the back (or try to) the next. Good luck to them; I'm sure they can run the place by themselves...especially since month-end inventory was today. Ouch on their part! And yes, the unemployment office got a call from me exactly 3 seconds after I hung up with my former employer. They will pay for getting rid of me, I assure you! Like one girl said on The Apprentice this week, "There will be blood all over the walls...there will be blood everywhere!"

Now, I have 5 possible opportunities for employment facing me. I'm just waiting for a confirmed offer. All of them are Administrative positions, all of them pay a lot more than what I was making at the trifling meat plant. All but one are in downtown Chicago, which means that I can give the car a rest. Y'all pray for me.

3 comments:

B a L L a C h i x said...

Their Loss!!!!!!!

al greggs said...

THere isnt much room in the workplace for friendship, but on a rare occassion you find someone where personalities mesh to the extent that you consider them a friend, this is rare

business is business, nothing personal

4GOTTEN1 said...

I hope it all works out for u man.