4/11/2006

Work and Play

OK so I went to work yesterday and noticed just how phony some people can be.

Over the weekend I gave my other half our silver engagement bands, and my supervisor surely noticed it on Monday. I walk into the office saying "good morning" and she's starting to walk out of the office, but made a beeline to me and immediately says "awwwww, you got rings! what kind is it?" in an absolutely fake way. Then she goes off saying that she's feeling that I'm being confrontational and asks if everything is ok - how in the hell can I be confrontational when I've been keeping to myself doing my job? She's nit-picking and I don't like it.
In all honesty I feel more comfortable working with the VP of Operations than her!

But it's OK because I have a "meet-and-greet" (sort of speak) on Thursday in Northbrook. Hopefully it pays more money.

So last night my other half and I did something that I haven't done in a very long time - BOWLING! I actually had a good time at it, even if I'm not very good at it. We played 12 games, I won 4. My highest game was a 109. Not bad for a beginner!
I think we've found a new Monday night thing to do!!! Hell maybe I'll even do it for my birthday.

Shouts out to Foxy, Cash, Reg, Demetrius, Jamal, Dynasty, and B a L L a C h i x.

4 comments:

Jamal K. Franklin said...

WAIT - hold up. You're engaged?!?! Why didn't we read anything about this?

B a L L a C h i x said...

WHEN I READ UR SHOUTOUTS I WAS LIKE OMG!!!! I FEEL SO SPECIAL!!!!!

Dynasty said...

Thanks for the Shout Out...Much appreciated!!!!

Cash S. said...

Congrats!