5/10/2006

Random Thoughts

Well my birthday is coming up in 3 weeks and I finally decided how things were going to go down. The whole day is gonna kick off at about 11AM with a trip to a suburban racetrack with other half and some friends in tow for a day at the races. Then after winning some money (lol) we're all coming back to my place to have a little get-together and join up with the rest of the crew. Afterwards, dinner at Friday's and a night at the clubs. Sounds exciting? It will be!!! Even my good friend from Cali is coming in just for my b'day....and that's love.

Lately I haven't felt like doing anything. I get up, apply for jobs, fax my resume to various places, and stay in the house. With the exception of Monday night bowling, I don't really do anything anymore. Maybe I'm getting old or maybe I'm just bored. This is the time of year I truly look forward to, but I don't feel like doing anything. I haven't set foot in a bar/club since last Sunday afternoon, when my other half and our friend Derrick went out to eat after church and then to Sidetrack.

Speaking of Monday night bowling, the four of us (myself, my other half and two of my friends) did....ok. In three games, I bowled an 87, 110 and 128, respectively, bringing my weekly average up to a 78. I'm not ready for the big leagues yet, but it's getting a lot better.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be better. Don't forget your mothers this Sunday!

3 comments:

Randy said...

Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one unexpectedly going through the "blah's" lately. It just seems like everyone's energy is low lately.

Hope you are doing well!
R

ShadowKing66 said...

You're not getting old, you just in transition...we all do it at a certain age...trying to find our place in the big ole universe...

Listen to a little Enya, that's always good for getting you out of a funk....:)

ShadowKing66 said...

The blahs are usually life's little interludes...a good time for some reflection and change.

A little Enya, some relaxation, you'll be fine...