6/24/2006

I Think I'm Becoming An Alcoholic

... and here's why I say that.

For the past three nights now I've felt the need to go out and get wasted at night, only to come home and pass out, thus getting a good night's sleep, and waking up in the morning. Last night I got so wasted that my other half had to come and rescue me from a bar on the northside after having five drinks across three different bars.

Why am I drinking so much now? The answer is simple. There's a lot of trouble in my life right now, and I'm not sure as to how I'm going to get out of it. I'm a little relunctant to put that type of information in my blog because I know some people read my blog that would simply "eat it up", so I'm going to keep it to myself (and to a few close people I can trust). But needless to say this: Tim is in a lot of trouble. Not trouble that could get me tossed in jail or anything like that, but trouble nonetheless.

Change of subject: Sunday is Gay Pride Day here in Chicago, and I'm going to muster up enough pride to go out and take lots and lots of pictures. I'll post some of them up here when I get them downloaded and cleaned up. If you see me, give me a high-five!

3 comments:

Justus said...

Hey Tim,
Do not worry; it will take a whole lot of more drinking before you will become an alcoholic. Three nights in row will not make you one. It is like saying that 3 grains of corn make a heap. I suppose your other worries are reflected in your worries about becoming and alcoholic. Your trouble will not disappear by drinking, but you already know that. I wish I could say something to you that would turn everything around for you, but you probably know what to do, and what not to do. Most often, the answer to our troubles are within ourselves. The difficulty is to listen to our inner voice and act accordingly...the only advice I can give you is this: follow your heart, be truthful to yourself, and keep a positive outlook, especially when you are in dire straits.

James Manning said...

Dawg, I saw a lot of cats go down that road while I was in the military. Three days in a row don't mean much but it's when you start seeking booze to wash away (temporarily) reality, that's when you get into trouble. Some people have addictive personalities and that makes the downfall swift - but you just have to be willing to face whatever is before you with sober eyes.

We've all been to the edge. You just have to find a way to step back. Holla... Good luck, bruh.

Nsane Lee Sane said...

Me and my girls were to ride up there, we had on our wife beaters, short skirts, no panties, but the shit got shut down cause some crazy girl stabbed another crazy girl...