7/12/2006

How TRUE Friends Help

I gotta send this public display of gratitude. I know it's a few days late, but to the person that I'm about to talk about, he knows that he is truly loved.

A few days ago, my friend Jason F hopped on Yahoo Instant Messenger and asked me how I was doing. I was honest, and told him that I wasn't doing too well because I hadn't found the money to pay my rent, and my court date was coming up.

What Jason F did next was truly amazing and wonderful.

He agreed to pay my rent.

I was truly overjoyed and very relieved when he wrote out the check!

Jason F, I truly appreciate ALL you have done! I love you for it!!!!

2 comments:

David E. Patton said...

I know how it is when a good friend comes through for you. As a poet I have found myself in need of money that I did not have and friends came through for me so that I didn't have to work at anything but writing.
http://www.blackgaypoetry.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

We have guardian angels all around us, hon. You know I'm pretty much in the same boat, only it's not rent for me, it's the IRS. My best female friend's mom, who I've known for 13 years, offered to loan me the full amount to pay off my taxes for the year because they were starting to threaten me. I'm glad that you have such a wonderful angel looking out for you. ((hugs)) I wanted to ask you how you've been because I see you online a whole lot lately, but you're always either out or asleep. (Next time, I might just leave a message anyway! :) )