8/15/2006

The First Two Days

Well needless to say the first two days at the new job have been wonderful. Learning the company and learning the position have truly been interesting, and learning my new co-workers has been even more interesting.

For starters, they didn't (and still don't) have access for me to the programs that I'll be using. (Why do companies do that?) All I have access to right now as far as computers are concerned are the LAN, the Internet and my shared drives on the network. I even finally got my security badge this afternoon. Management tells me that it'll be a little while before I get any type of access to the systems needed to do my job, and just to lay back and enjoy this time and to learn as much as I can.

Sounds all good with me.

My co-workers seem cool, but my manager is probably the coolest of all. She honestly doesn't care what you do as long as her work is done. I can definitely work for a manager like that. She's a straight shooter that tells the truth and keeps it real. I've found that those are the best managers to work for. This position is definitely a good thing and a stepping stone for advancement both within the department and within the Company. I'll keep you posted on any further developments.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad you got your job! Let's see who stays on their current job the longest!! :) Hopefully they'll last us both a very long time! (I started mine today!)

Glad to see that you're doing well. We knew you'd get it! Congratulations on your new job!

ShawnQt said...

CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB... AGAIN, LOL