12/10/2006

The Week That Was

Yes, I know it's been a minute!!!

This past week I started my new job at a not-for-profit in downtown Chicago. Very nice office, lovely benefits, plenty of days off...this place has a "work-hard-play-hard" mentality, as was demonstrated last Thursday night at the company Christmas Party, to which me and Jay (the other half) were invited to attend. It was at Trattoria No. 10, one of the swankiest restaurants in downtown Chicago. The restaurant was closed to the general public, we dined on items such as Pork Tenderloin and were treated to an open bar. Now everyone knows you do NOT, under ANY circumstances, place grown adults in the same room with free-flowing alcohol. By the end of the night, some folks were on the dance floor shakin their asses to "The Booty Bump" and attempting to do "The Electric Slide". It was all very hilarious, and a good time was had by all.

I'm getting ready to venture with the family on next week to Nashville for Christmas. That means me and Jay will be apart for two days. I'm going to miss him and I know he'll miss me. It's funny; we've only been together for a little over four months but I feel drawn towards him and vice versa. We have a very strong bond; we almost know what the other person is going to say before it's even said. I truly am in love with him.



More...much more...later.

No comments: