2/25/2007

Making The Connection

I was in church this morning and learned something very interesting. The preacher was talking about "Making The Connection" and referencing the story from 2 Samuel 12:13-23 about David losing his baby and not feeling too bad about it. In that story David sins against God and finds out through Nathan that He has forgiven him but his sin has a grave consequence - the loss of his child. So David begs God not to take his child and begins to fast, lie on the ground and pray. The child died on the 7th day. David does not throw a tantrum or cuss out God, instead he gets up, washes himself up, puts on lotions and eats. Of course, people do not understand why he isn't throwing a holy tantrum, so David says "I fasted and wept while the child was alive hoping that the Lord would be gracious, but why fast when the child is dead? I will go to him one day, but he cannot return to me".

How do you make the connection? It's simple:

- Confess your sins to God
- Enter into a period of deep contemplation
- Continue to worship God
- Make a conscious choice to move on
- Develop some coping skills

Truly amazing. I'd never had thought, but now I know. And now you know.

2 comments:

The Captain said...

Contact me..I have something to ask you.

Cocoa Rican said...

Not to mention, accept that there are consequences for our actions and even if we're forgiven, those consequences are still in place. Forgiveness does not equal removal of consequences.