9/13/2007

All the hell I been through

The past 24 hours have been by far some of the worst I've ever experienced.

For starters, some of my so-called friends and associates, i've learned, are not to be trusted. My one standing philosophy is, "if you say you're going to do something, do it, if you can't, let me know". Not a hard thing to do right? Yesterday, there were two individuals that were supposed to do something for me, and neither of them (a) did it or (b) let me know. So naturally I'm a little disappointed, because I needed these two individuals on yesterday (you'll see why in a second), and they weren't man enough to live up to their word.

But that's not all.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the place I interviewed with last week. You know, the typical "thanks for interviewing but you've wasted your time" letter. Another big letdown because I went in, told the truth, showed off all my skills, was very professional but still didn't get the position. Now I have no further interviews scheduled and it's very frustrating because the money is running very very low. I wanted to get away to DC for a weekend just to regroup, but now I can't even do that.

But wait, it gets even better.

I did receive a small blessing from US Cellular on yesterday - my deposit, plus interest, was refunded to me. Seeing as it was after 6 when I checked my mail and got it, I ran down to the Bank of America downtown and had to deposit it into the mini-bank ATM. I've done deposits before and have never had a problem....until now. The mini-bank ATM froze during processing, and not only did it eat my card, it ate the check and did not process it into my account!!! Now the branch is closed and there's no one there that can help me so I had to call customer service (or lack-of customer service). They told me, in a nutshell, that there was nothing that could be done until tomorrow morning, and that the card was going to be destroyed. When I was told that, it was the final straw for the day and I almost cried on the phone. Fortunately I had a backup ATM card, which I used at Walgreen's to get cash back and went out to have a couple of stiff drinks. I tried to call two individuals (the same two from the paragraph above) to vent about what happened - but lo and behold, they weren't anywhere to be found!

I thought sleeping it off would help matters...but it didn't.

This morning I got up and checked my account, because the lack-of-customer-service told me that the machine would be serviced at 8:00pm and that the check would still post to my account overnight. IT DIDN'T. So I got up and went down to the bank to talk with someone. First, I was told that the machine wouldn't be serviced until 9:00am, which meant I had to wait about a half-hour. That wasn't the problem. I then tried to get a cashier's check for the rent at one of the tellers and I was told I would have to pay A SIX DOLLAR FEE. I haven't been charged a fee for a cashier's check in at least six months, so I argued with the teller, who went and consulted with a manager, who told him that the fee was valid. I told him to withdraw all of the money in my account, because now I've had just about enough of Bank of America. He did and I personally went to speak with a manager, who told me that same stupid story, at which time I told her that her tellers haven't been charging me for months because there was a notation on my account. She checked the account (with the assistant manager) and all of us (the managers and the tellers) had a meeting about it, at which point they all apologized saying "that notation was not to waive the fee but to discuss accounts with you that could potentally waive the fee". The assistant manager then comes over with the list of accounts and I told him "if you're going to do what I think you're going to do, don't." I even threatened to close my accounts at that second if something wasn't done.

And just like that, they recovered the check that was stuck in the ATM all night. The manager promised to deposit it into my account immediately, and the first $100 would be available immediately. I came home and checked and found that to be a lie, but that's neither here nor there. Customer service filed a complaint against the manager on my behalf and credited my account for the full amount of the check.

Finally...remember when I said earlier that I was a little disappointed with individuals that didn't live up to their word? One of said individuals called me this morning (about 16 hours late) with a lot of bull as to why they didn't live up to their word. I simply told them that I do not care, which I don't. I hate the fact that for certain people I've had to go into bitch mode but at times it's necessary.

Y'all pray for me.

End transmission.

1 comment:

Sean Stone said...

There's a lesson to be learned through all of this.