9/29/2007

I'm VERY frustrated

In case you didn't know, I've been without a job or a steady source of income for about three months now. (Unless you count unemployment, which is something but not a whole lot.) During those three months I've applied for numerous jobs, given my resume to countless recruiters, gone on many interviews, have been offered a job and then had the offer taken away, gone on a drug test only to be told that the company is going in a different direction (and no I don't use any type of illegal drugs by the way), and just pretty much feel as if I've hit rock bottom.

I'm very frustrated with myself.

Right now I can't keep pace with my rent + other bills. Jerome is helping out but even with that I'm barely getting by. It's gotton to the point whereas I've had to sacrifice a whole lot just to try to stay afloat -- but at times I feel like the Titanic, just destined to hit that iceburg and sink to the bottom of the Atlantic.

Earlier in the day yesterday I had to go downtown to make a partial payment on some of my bills. I don't even know why I did that because just being downtown seeing everyone working and happy just made me feel like crap. I want that again...I want to work somewhere and be happy and make a decent wage -- or at least enough to pay the bills. I'm asking myself when (and as of lately..IF) that will happen.

Because right now I'm not so sure.

By the way, if you know of anyone that is hiring for either an admin/executive assistant or banking operations, please click here and send me an e-mail.
If you definitely feel my situation and are able to donate to help keep me afloat, click here. I would not go this far unless it was truly needed, and believe me, it is.

If you want to just give some words of encouragement, the comments box is open.

I appreciate everyone, either way.

End transmission.

7 comments:

J said...

try www.att.com is there a store near you. its cool work and we make a pretty good living selling gadgets to gadget hos.

Jackie said...

Tim, You are feeling frustrated, of course you are, cuz you broke. I know how that can be and for a young talented, independent guy like yourself, it's gotta be tough.
You got skills and can learn new ones. Keep your head up, and follow every lead. It may not be your dream job, but may lead to it.
Then you'll be thinking that Wow, if I hadn't one through this, I wouldn't have found what I needed.
I got faith in you. Keep the faith in yourself. You deserve it all.

Cocoa Rican said...

I know it's hard... when I returned to NYC I was jobless for close to 4 months and lived strictly off my savings - do I need to mention how far those went after my move and arrival? Don't give up, don't lose faith and don't doubt your abilities...this period is simply here to help you appreciate what's coming...I'll hit you in the next few days with stuff my org has in your area...I'm in banking as well and we have offices there in Chi-town...if I get busy feel free to hit me up at cocoanyrican@aol.com....

'It's always darkest before dawn'

Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - this is just a short time. You're a man of faith. You know that you'd never go through a test that you weren't already prepared for. Be careful though - mabye, just maybe, what you want isn't what you're supposed to have. God is in control - leave it up to him - you just do your part.

The Captain said...

How can they detour a drug test? I've never heard that one before.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I wish you the best of luck...You can always become a cop....We always need those. The job market is hard, but I believe you will find a job soon. I know that doesnt help much, but I not much on inspiration.

Tim said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I truly appreciate them.