1/19/2008

The New Job

Well I've made it through the first week at the new job, and I must admit, it's better than I thought it would be. My primary responsibilities are to manage my director's calendar and ensure that he's organized. Plus, there's some special projects that will pop up from time to time that I have to manage. I've basically hit the ground running and cleaned up my director's contacts, had to shuttle some stuff around on his calendar, and am in the process of reorganizing the filing system in the office.

All in all, it's a fairly easy and fun job, unlike the last job where it was in a so-called team environment (it wasn't a team at all), I'm reporting to one person and only supporting two others, which is a very good thing. Sometimes a smaller office structure makes it a lot better as you don't have too many other personalities to deal with.

As a matter of fact, I have to fly out to DC for two and a half days next week (Monday-Wednesday) for work. The company is paying for everything, and I get to expense my ground transportation and dinners back to the company. No I'm not going to go crazy and order lobster; I promise to keep it modest. : )

I do, however, want to thank God for giving me this position. Anything that God gives you is promising, therefore this position is very promising!

That's all for now about the job!

End Transmission.

2 comments:

I am J said...

I dont comment a lot on your blog but i do read alot and i thought i'd say congrats on the job and i am glad u are enjoying it.

Darius T. Williams said...

Congrats on the new job. I sooo hate business travel. It's not even funny - I basically lived in LA for about three months on business travel. It's the pits - but have fun!