2/03/2008

Jerome

Well I hate to say it, but Jerome and I have split up. (We actually split on January 1.)

Let me say this. I do still love him, but we both have issues that definitely need work. I did not, out of fairness, want to continue in a relationship whereas I would continue to look over my shoulder and wait for the next "fuck up".

The end came when a series of incidents happened over a period of time whereas some things were said that shouldn't have been said, tempers flared and a harsh realization within me happened. I came to the realization that, again, out of fairness I had to let him go.

I still want to be friends with him; it'll just take some time for everything to settle, to "heal" if you will. The only thing that I have a problem with right now is that he wants to hang out right away. For example, I received a voicemail from him this evening asking for both of us to go to church together on the next Sunday that I will not have to usher. Whereas I am attempting to be his friend, I think it is too soon to "hang out" or go places together.

Am I making sense?

End Transmission.

3 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

I think you make some sense - but maybe he's not ready to let you go. Reevaluate your actions. Maybe you acted to soon. Was there something else that could have been done? You never know...

Cocoa Rican said...

You're making perfect sense...but you're both reacting to the break-up in a natural way... you need time to gather yourself and are still too raw to hang and he can't stand not having you around. Give each other time.

Cocoa Rican said...

You're making perfect sense...but you're both reacting to the break-up in a natural way... you need time to gather yourself and are still too raw to hang and he can't stand not having you around. Give each other time.