7/26/2008

Can you feel alone in a crowded room?

Lately I've really been feeling lonely and in some cases depressed because I have come to the realization of three things:

- People only see me as a sex object.
- People don't want to be bothered with me, talk to me or get to know me; in some instances treating me like a leper.
- People only want to be bothered with me when they want to dump on me, try to get me involved in THEIR problems, or want something.

I ask myself, what is wrong with me? Why can't I find a decent group of people here in the city that doesn't fall into one of the three categories above?

Just last night I was having a cocktail with someone under the guise of trying to develop a friendship, and this fucker kept trying to get me back to his spot because as he put it, "the hormones are raging."

I have a lot to offer people in terms of friendship. I just can't find a good friend.

I'm tired. I'm so very tired. And I can't go on this way.

4 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

What's the problem? You know - a lot of times it typically not other people. Many times it could be you. Just an observation. I mean, I'm not saying it's you per se, but you keep running into the same problem.

I hope it gets better soon. When you wanna hang out, lemme know. And trust me, I'm not gonna want to get you in bed.

Tim said...

Thank you Darius. I'll have to take you up on that offer one day.

ChiTownJuvie said...

dude...I saw you at the Wilson stop after coming back from Montrose on Gay Pride Parade Day...I really wanted to talk tt you and say that I enjoyed your blog and would like to hang out...but we boarded the train at different doors, and I was afraid of what you might say.

JACK said...

Oh, I've been alone in crowded rooms my whole life. It's certainly possible.