8/19/2008

Focusing On Self

I've decided to focus almost entirely on myself. After being completely sent off by someone who wanted to be in my life, I am going to "harden up" and just focus 99% on self.

Conceited? Maybe. But this is the way it has to be. Let me tell you what happened and you can gauge for yourself.

Me and this person named Eric were supposed to hang out yesterday. After they told me initially that they had to pick up their mother at 5, then changed it to 7, I said that I'd call them about 6:30 to get confirmation. They said "cool". So I called. Their cell phone went to voicemail (but they were on it; you hear a beep when they are on the phone) and I left a message and called the house phone. No response. So I waited. And waited. And waited. Finally at about 9:45 I called again. No response on either line. So after having an evening ruined by waiting around for a no-show, I checked my e-mail and text messages. Nothing.

Now I could call him all out of his name and talk about him royaly, but instead I'm not going to do that. In a nutshell, by not responding or letting anyone know what's up, I believe you are telling me to fuck off. So I will do just that. But I want to thank you for allowing me to spend a little time with you, and your four-year-old son. I also want to thank you for allowing me to experience a little "fatherhood" if you will.

With that being said, I'm going to delete all of his information now, put my clothes on, and go to the bar.

End Transmission.

1 comment:

Darius T. Williams said...

You need to always make you the #1 priority anyway. Don't forge that Pa.