9/02/2008

CPS Boycott

This is by far the craziest and stupidest thing I have ever witnessed. Let me explain why I say that.

According to a statement on New Trier's website, even if Chicago Public School students attempted to enroll, they are not eligible for admission because of the residency requirement.

So basically, we're pulling our kids out of school on the most important day of the year for what?

The brainchild of this boycott, James Meeks, who calls himself a Reverend and a state lawmaker, knew about the requirement and the ineligibility, but pushed for the boycott anyway. He is nothing more than a stupid individual at this point. And let's not forget that Bishop Larry Trotter of the Sweet Holy MB Church is onboard with this too. I've respected Trotter's position but not Trotter personally.

You all call yourselves men of the cloth but yet you're acting like street thugs, playing the "my-dick-is-bigger-than-your-dick" game. Just like Springfield.

I have said it before and I will say it again: The kids NEED TO BE IN SCHOOL TODAY AND EVERY DAY. I completely understand the meaning of the boycott, but the logic is all wrong. We CANNOT EVER USE OUR CHILDREN AS PAWNS because the ADULTS CAN'T GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER.

I have lost all respect for Meeks and Trotter in the light of this.

End Transmission.

1 comment:

Darius T. Williams said...

Hmmm - I wouldn't say I've lost respect for the fellas. I mean, I can completely understand why they're doing what they're doing. But, the ideas weren't well thought out...in my opinion.

What was hilarious was when Meeks got off the bus and they were interviewing him, he said, "Governor G Rod is the enemy...LET ME SAY IT AGAIN SLOWLY..." When he said that I completely fell the hell out!