11/10/2008

And Another Week Begins

And so we arrive at yet another Monday. This weekend wasn't too bad.

One of the highlights was going to a private shopping event last night at Best Buy. I got to see some of the sales ahead of time and picked up a few items, especially the new John Legend CD. If you haven't bought it or heard it yet, definitely go out and get it! This is one of the best CDs I've heard in a long time; so good in fact that I downloaded several of the tracks to my BlackBerry for the journey to and from work on the Metra, and bought the other two CDs that he's made (i'm picking them up after work).

This upcoming week will hopefully be uneventful, with tomorrow being a holiday and me having an off-day (YES!!!), then making preparations to head into DC next weekend for the Help the Homeless walk-a-thon; Chris coming to Chicago for Thanksgiving, and my homeboy Reggie coming up to Chicago and kicking it with me for his birthday in December. All in all it will be busy, but a fun type of busy, ya know? In fact, one of my co-workers put it this way: we're only working 8 more days this month. Sweet, huh?

The joys of working for a government-sponsored enterprise.

End Transmission.

1 comment:

Darius T. Williams said...

Um, so I have the new John Legend CD. I didn't buy it - I downloaded it - and I'm glad I did. So far...it sucks. I keep listening to it cuz I'm a huge JL fan. I'm hoping it'll click soon. If it doesn't it's back to Jhud's CD.