11/15/2008

Do What You Say You're Going To Do!

We've heard that phrase many times before. Individuals that fail to do what they say they are going to do without calling, sending an e-mail, text message, carrier pidgeon, anything. When this happens it usually leaves you either in a lurch or with no plan B.

Well let me tell you about an individual named Chuck Gresham (I've altered his name, SLIGHTLY). About three days ago we made plans to kick it this morning/afternoon, and then he would ride with me to get my rental car, hang out with me at a club that evening and possibly go to church the following morning. We were supposed to speak last night (Friday) to talk about what we wanted to do and to set a time, but no call took place. I called him, he didn't answer. Sent a text, no response. I figured he went out and that he would call in the morning.

WRONG!

Same scenario. No call, no text, nothing.

It only takes TEN SECONDS to send a text message saying that you're either busy, something came up, or what-have-you. I'm sure you can get off of the dick for TEN SECONDS to cancel your other plans, right?
To leave someone in the lurch like that shows that you have no respect for that person, and that you're not worthy of my time and presence---like most black gay men here in Chicago.

Only difference is, I have a Plan B.

End Transmission.

3 comments:

JACK said...

hmm - this seems to be pandemic. It's happened to me several times and I've only been in Chicago since April! It's annoying as fuck.

Darius T. Williams said...

Soooo - what's the plan b?

Tim said...

Well...there's a reason why I keep a bottle of Jagermeister in my fridge.