11/07/2008

Made It Through Another Week!

Well, made it through a very long week. Lots of stuff went down at work, and with the economy the way it is, it's gonna be a long road until January 20.

For starters, I've been trying to secure ANY TYPE of accomodations in DC for the inauguration. I've even tried pulling in favors. The end result? Unless I have $1,000 for a hotel I can forget it. Well, guess I'll have to go to Plan B. Then, the whole ticket debacle. There's 240,000 tickets going to be distributed, so I faxed a letter to my Congressman today hoping to stake a place in line to get at least one ticket. I'll keep you posted.

Then, to show you how long this week has been, one of the SVPs at my job sent out an email inviting everyone down to her office for a "pick me up". The end result? Chocolate + Liquor = A Good End To The Day.

Finally, and probably the highlight, tomorrow I'll be meeting one of my fellow bloggers and actually spending the weekend chilling with him. Jack has been following me for a while and we've finally decided to sit down and meet in person. I'm excited to meet him. You can check out his blog by going here.

Enjoy your weekend and be safe.

End Transmission.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Were you at Big Chick's on Saturday night?

Tim said...

Yup, I was there. Didn't stay too terribly long though. Were you there too?

Ritagirl said...

Maybe we can finally meet in DC? I'm gonna be there!

Tim said...

Rita, let's work at it! Shoot me an e-mail and we can set something up! Would love the company!

Michael said...

Yeah I saw a guy that looked like you and yelled out "Tim" when he walked by, but didn't turn around so I figured it wasn't you.

Tim said...

Michael, e-mail me and we can set something up! Check my profile for the e-mail address.