9/27/2009

Apartment Hunting and Bulls*it

So Chris and I have been looking for a new apartment for a while now, and it has been an absolute headache.

For starters, we have been declined for two properties because of something that appeared on my credit, thanks to my current management company, Draper and Kramer (or as I call them, Raper and CRAMer), which I'm getting cleared up as we speak. But the one property that we were leaning toward, Kingsbury Plaza, was pretty much giving us the run-around.

The leasing agent, Aaron, is overall a nice person, but it was one inconsistency after another. First, we were told that our applications could be run and he would waive the application fee ($100) but we would have to pay $200 to hold the apartment. Then he reversed course and said that I would have to pay $50 to run both of our applications. Then he ran the applications and told us that we would have to clear up everything on our credit reports and gave us the 800 number to the verification service. I called the verification service and they told me otherwise.

So after catching up Aaron in a mistruth (aka LIE), we went back to the office this morning. We sat down and I explained to him that we called the verification service and they told us something completely different from what he said. I told him that I would be able to pay the one item that was asked of me in two weeks.

Now Aaron knew that I was expecting some money, however I do not know the exact date that it would arrive. Aaron wanted me to call and pretty much push to get the funds sooner than later. I told him that I would not do that, and in not so many words, would not act on his schedule anymore. I then told him to give me back the $200 I gave him to hold the apartment.

I didn't appreciate being lied to or forced to operate on someone else's schedule. Needless to say, I don't think we'll be living there.

End Transmission.

No comments: