1/02/2010

Thanks for fucking up my evening, Annie's!

Happy New Year!

This evening Chris, myself, and our friends Judy-Kay and Adrienne went to Annie's Paramount Steakhouse in Dupont Circle in Washington, DC for a late dinner. Everything was fine for the most part.

Then we walked into the restaurant.

Our server's attitude was....shall we say, bad. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder all evening long, and just wasn't friendly at all. Not what I expected at a restaurant that I have dined at every time I come to DC. We get the check, and I paid it.

Then, he did something that I totally did NOT expect.

The server comes back to the table and asks "did I do something to offend you?" I say "of course not - why do you ask?" He then shows me the tip that I left him, as if to say this is not enough!

How fucking tacky can you be? That offended me so much, I reported him to his manager on duty, and said that I would never dine there again. Then I, along with everyone else, left. I no longer feel comfortable there, and Annie's has lost a long-time customer, due to the actions of one server that decided to be tacky.

Sorry Annie's, but your time has passed. Think I'll go to Dupont Italian Kitchen from now on. Good luck to you.

End Transmission.

3 comments:

Ritagirl said...

In this economy he should be happy w/ the 15% he got. Lots of tips are getting skipped nowadays!

Harold said...

They are still friendly at "The Front Page".

Cocoa Rican said...

It seems like centuries since I last ate at Annie's, but if I recall correctly, it was during our Blogger reunion in '08. We held the reunion in Baltimore and hung out in DC for a night. We were so loud and there were so many of us that I'm almost glad Annnie's has gotten lax...or they would've had to put us out! lol
That said, Annie's waitstaff is a problem from years back...I remember waiters that were a bit TOO friendly and uncomfortable situations when I asked for things and didn't want a joke, just what I asked for. Sorry you had such a bad experience. Happy new year kid!