2/04/2010

Starting 2010 in the Bahamas

Slap me.

I didn't realize that I haven't blogged at all in the New Year. So fine. Slap me real good. (On second thought, don't do that, I might like it too much.)

Chris and I just got back from his birthday cruise in the Bahamas. I had an entire week of fun lined up. We stayed in a nice hotel (or so I thought, keep reading) and I had a limo set up and ready to take us to the clubs, where we had VIP service and table/bottle service. Oh...we had a REAL good time! I am uploading photos to Flickr and will share the link soon. Then we went on the cruise...a 4 day trip to Nassau, CocoCay and Key West aboard the Majesty of the Seas. Everything was good...until the ship started to rock back and forth. I mean, you could REALLY feel it moving! People got sick from the motion, and we all just wanted to get off of the ship.

Now, let me explain why I thought we stayed in a nice hotel. On the way back to the hotel in the limo, one of our friends got a case of motion sickness. We arrive back to the hotel, and while everyone is going into the main entrance, our friend walks down the driveway, assuming to walk it off. Half an hour goes by and no one has heard from him, he's not answering his phones or the door. Seeing as all of the rooms were under my name, I call the front desk and ask them to do a well-being check. The evil witch at the front desk said that they were not going to do that, nor were they going to key into the room. I demanded a key, which I received, and went into the room.

HE WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

Panicking and very upset, I go back to the front desk and demand that security be dispatched to search the grounds to find him. Searching the grounds does NOT mean walk to the ballroom entrance and go back inside. Chris and I walked through the entire parking lot to find him. We found him...lying on the ground inbetween two parked cars. Needless to say after going back inside and (at this point) yelling at the overnight manager and wanna-be security officer, we got him back up to the room.

The next morning, I spoke with the front office manager, advising her that I have contacted legal council, and asked her point blank "what can you do to make this go away?" She comp'd two of the five rooms I had, and forced the overnight manager to hand write an apology. In spite of all of this, I do not think we will ever stay there again.

The high point was that upon our return to Miami from the cruise, I booked the penthouse suite at the Hilton Bentley. This suite is a two level suite and comes with a private rooftop dual-level patio, rooftop jacuzzi and some of the best views of South Beach I've ever seen! All in all, we had a real good time.

So now you know where I've been. And I promise to blog on a more frequent basis. 2010 promises to be an exciting year. And yes, I still have my BlackBerry camera phone, and will not hesitate to use it!

End Transmission.

No comments: