3/15/2010

New York City

The Big Apple. The City that Never Sleeps.

I was there this past weekend along with my better half, our "brother" and our "sister" to celebrate her birthday. We had an absolutely wonderful time! We stayed at the Doubletree in Times Square on 49th St and 7th Avenue, and got a chance to see Wicked.

Wicked....oh my goodness it was an absolutely beautiful play! The scenery, the music, the storyline...all absolutely perfect! We've already said that if we get a chance to go back to New York and Wicked is still on Broadway, we'll go see it again!

The subways....New York, I don't see how you all do it! So many subways...it was real easy to get lost. Fortunately I downloaded the subway maps to my IPhone before we left, so it made it a little easier...until the afternoon we were leaving Wicked and got caught up in a subway track fire. They rerouted the "N" train to the express tracks which of course does NOT stop at 49th street. So we had to ride up to 57th street, cross over and come back to 49th. It kinda reminded me of the Red Line here in Chicago, however.
But the best part of the trip was Friday night. All four of us were in the Village and we went into this bar (I can't remember the name of it). Not only did I get hit on a couple of times, but this guy (obviously drunk) walks over to me, starts talking about how I came up to HIM and complimented HIM, then he starts saying that he's straight, married and all of this other BS. So I give Chris the "help me" sign, which he didn't pick up on, so I had to fend for myself. I introduced him to Chris as my HUSBAND and left it at that. Eventually he got the message.
Fast forward to Sunday morning. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 10:45am. But because NYC Air Traffic Control can be total douchebags at times, they held the plane that was coming to get us IN CHICAGO for so long that they DIVERTED IT TO ALBANY, NY. 10:45 turned into 1:30, people were getting irritated, I was exhausted and just wanted to go home. All in all a very painful experience; I'm grateful to God that we got back at all.

Oh, I almost forgot about Friday night. After we left the bar, we went next door to the tattoo parlor. And in fifteen minutes, I got this tatt:


I HAD to represent! For my first, it didn't hurt at all. It was actually more irritating than painful. Kinda sounds like New York in a nutshell.

End Transmission.

1 comment:

Cocoa Rican said...

Hey Tim! Glad you made it to NYC and experienced the beauty and disaster that is the Rotten Apple. I see you got your tat! Love it! Hope we can catch up the next time you come thru...