4/04/2012

Come on, stop the fighting!

I'm not a big fan of going out in Chicago.  There, I said it.  I'm not a big fan of it.  My stance is, at the age of 35 I think I've done all that the Chicago gay scene has to offer, for the most part.  Will I go out on occasion?  Yeah, if I don't have to work the next day.  But weekly?  Nah.  Past that.

One reason is because from the age of 21 until the age of 25, I was out each and every night until 4am, 5am, sometimes later than that.  (That's another story for another day.)  I've played past that.

But another reason is the sudden (and scary) uptick in fighting and violence at certain weekly club events in the city of Chicago.

Just this morning I received an e-mail from the Rails Marketing Group and Clubhouse Productions.  They mentioned, in part, is that there "are certain groups or 'families' who have been involved in much of the fighting at the clubs".

I'm sorry, but this is past childish.  Why would you go to a club to fight?  Seriously, why?  Is it because you saw your ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend there with someone new?  (Keyword:  EX.)  Or is it because you saw someone there that told you that they didn't want you?  Or worse yet, because someone there was dressed better than you?

We can only imagine.

The e-mail goes further to state that "if any individual in any of these groups is involved in a fight at one of our clubs, the entire group will be barred from all of our parties permanently".  I applaud the promoters for this!  People do not deserve to go out to any venue and be subjected to some childish, grade-school fighting over nothing.  Seriously.

I remember a time when you went out to the club, drank a strong drink out of the plastic cups (remember those?), danced all night and before you knew it, the music stopped and the lights came back on.  Oops, time to go!  You didn't worry about being pepper-sprayed by security, or being involved in a full out brawl over some stupid mess!  (Footnote:  The only thing you really worried about was getting towed from the Generator at 4:00am.)

I know my little blog (and my big mouth) probably will do nothing to put a dent in the fighting and violence at the clubs.

But it's a start.

People, please, STOP THE FIGHTING.  It ain't worth it!

End Transmission.

No comments: